A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Monday, October 1, 2012

In summary

Over the last week, I've had a lot of ideas thought up, or proposed by my various friends (thanks all of you) and things are starting to mesh a bit better than before. All of a sudden, I'm excited at the prospect of writing again and hoping things may be a bit easier to put into thought and the pen onto the paper.

With that being said, I've decided to try and get a quick summary together for the tl;dr crowd that may or may not read these entries, of how things are progressing and maybe a glance at the future of this project.

  • Referencing my "Ye old drawing board" entry, I had some revelations on a couple glaring issues that I feel may have been resolved now and will not longer bother me in the long run. This included: After mission two in the book, the team returns to an attack by the bad guys on their main HQ in an attempt to weaken SOCA and kill or capture (more likely kill) the doctors who have the means of stopping the bad guys plans. The attack has only a modicum of success as the SOCA teams are able to repel the attack and in the end, bring order to chaos.
  • The main issues were: How did they get into the country without issue, and how did they escape? Given that Benson, the SOCA director, is ultimately the mole within the good guys - it can be argued that he got the clearance they needed. Given the locale of the SOCA base, it is highly possible that they entered through some means of ground transportation, with a private jet being the means of ingress into the country along with fake passports, cleared named etc. that would allow them to enter the country without issue. If they failed, an escape would be plausible by ground vehicles back to the private jet. With Benson's role, this would make much more sense and also give some insight into how resourceful the bad guys really are.
  • Mass scale weapons, in essence - a weapon that would take some time to develop, which would consequently, give the good guys more time to act and stop it. In the interest of not drawing the story out, I'm going to go ahead and go out on the limb and say that the bad guys are busting ass and maybe get a working prototype within a month's time. I made another breakthrough with this when I started researching Nanotechnology (reference my post Nanotechs and other stuff).
  • I am working on a few new missions that would occur after the turning point mission involving a near suicide act. Referenced an old, way old copy of the original draft and found a way to reuse those ideas. 
  • Have been considering a new badguy, but Soviets are such nice story fodder.
Basically, this addresses several of the problems I had encountered initially in keeping things somewhat realistic while maintaining an aura of fiction. I may have some sort of draft soon, depending on how well these ideas with the rest of the story. I am however, liking where all this is going.

'Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. It's sounding pretty good and I am glad that you are writing again. :)

    ReplyDelete