A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Nanotechs and other stuff

So, a nanotech is a microscopic, one millionith of a millimeter long, tech piece that works on the molecular and atomic level. When dealing with it, according to a modicum of research I have done, it has been proposed for use in many medical situations when dealing with cancer of all types.

The article, found on Wikipedia (search for 'Nanotechnology'), also has notes it is a heavily regulated industry due to issues with toxicity and environmental issues, as well as various doomsday scenarios. That would lead me to think of some kind of weapon fashioned from this tech.
This seems to make the idea of a programmable nanotech all the more intriguing. I'm suddenly very excited at this possibility.

This is getting to be a major breakthrough, the only real issue now is how long it would take the bad guys to reverse engineer and make the tech into something harmful. That can be debated, but I think with the right wording and the fact the dude working on it helped develop it, plus whatever materials was recovered (can add to the opening chapter), or he already had in his possession furthers the cause.

All of a sudden, I'm very interested in writing again.
Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. oooh that sounds nice. Maybe the bad guys kind of integrate another chip or something with it that serves their needs?

    ReplyDelete