A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Quick post before work

I lied a bit when I said I was abandoning the mysterious chick, but I think now I have some measure of idea how she can be used in another role. Not sure how I like this right now, but its thanks to Matthew that I had this idea now. It has merit in the way I'm looking at it, and I may flesh this out a bit more over the coming days.

The woman is tentatively named Scarlet at the moment, when I think may be more of an alias than her real name - if only because I'm not given her a name. She is the daughter of a prominent researcher, but a tomboy in every sense of the word. Had an early interest in science, sports, outdoors, and firearms.

She has no nationality, background outside what is above, nor have I really thought out who she is. Again, very rough ideas that I may expand on if feedback is favorable. I'm thinking she may have some sort of connection with SOCA and/or Travi at some point - though again, not sure how yet. He is the notepad copy and paste, raw form. Some details are repeated.


Scarlet works her way through the organization's board to their black ops team. Thing is, her father
was killed by the organization heads after he refused to work on the project. Unbeknownst to them,
Scarlet takes on the code name, and becomes their top agent. She begins manipulating things behind
the scenes while trying to subtly take down the organization and the Ultranationalists in their
attempts to unleash the project. She also becomes a helpful insider to Travi's team in their final
attack - working on the inside and allowing them access and giving them information.
The information she gathers from the medical center in Italy is taken with her, at first - she has
aspirations of destroying all of the files because of the power it would give man to cheat death.
But then, once she realizes that in the right hands - it can be used for good and not abused, she
decides to keep the information until her sources tell her that SOCA is on the case.

During the second mission, she is retrieving information on how the project will be distributed in
time, leading her to information that she forwards to various government agencies to prevent
attacks, both conventional and biological.

Mission three has her meeting with the superiors of the organization she is working for. During
this, she presents the data she has retrieved to show her good fortune. But as they begin to take
the data, she pulls her guns and kills them. After this, she begins shooting up all of the evidence
before setting the place on fire. On her way out, she eliminates most all of the guards and escapes
the base. Turns out that this organization had located the Ultranationalists base of operations due to insider moles, she takes the data before blazing the place.

Mission Four, she arrives at the secondary base of operations and forwards all the relevant data
onto the SOCA teams, and begins her own mission to eliminate the rest of the Ultranationalist chain
of command. During this, she destroys more evidence of the alpha project, once she is done - she
leaves a beacon for Russian fighter jets to destroy the area. As the bombs go off, she grapple lines
off and out of sight. Her fate is unknown.

Given this mindset, she is working almost as a crusader against oppression. No backup at all, and she is doing partially out of revenge, but it's also possible that she holds some love of human life - given her willingness to forward the data onto SOCA about the Ultranationalists, and even forwarding the information she has on the project, both good and ill, to the researchers that she finds out are still alive.
A complex character, and I'm still not sure if I'll use her. She could make an interesting character in this means, but I also believe that she could hold more value in her role in a sequel. Time will tell...

Adieu.

2 comments:

  1. And here I thought she was going to be sinister, initially. :P This sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, at this point - I'm just totally at an impasse, lol

    ReplyDelete