A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

In Trance

Since I have some spare time while I finalize details to begin writing, I figured I would make a post tonight while I'm thinking about it and keep you all enthralled with the prospect of more stuff to come. All that is mainly needed now is to get my storyline together and figure out how to get it all on paper. It'll come to me here soon.

Today though, it's all about reflection and dreams. Reflections upon things that may be, and thoughts of dreams that I would like to see made into reality. They always say that it only takes some measure of effort to make them a reality, but when those dreams involve someone else, it is not a story you can write alone. It has to be written together, and most people do not like having their story written for them. But when it comes to a relationship, it has to be co-authored and has to be an outline that is put together by both sides. And perhaps this is the line that most people cannot, or will not, cross for whatever reason. It is then that you realize that life is just one big book being written by you, and the ones you want to be part of it. The same goes for music, in terms of evoking thoughts, feelings, emotions, or just general well being of the mind and heart. When the mind is stimulated, all manner of good things can happen and it shows the importance of maintaining a healthy way of thinking - a task much easier said than done and I'm the world's worst when it comes to it.
An enchanting theme, made better by the remaster.
During a discussion last night with a few friends and confidants, the issue of intimacy came about and how the aspects of it, including sexually, make a love life that much more comforting and involving for both sides. I have always been classified as a hopeless romantic, and way behind the societal norms as what constitutes dating and relationships, but that is because I choose to be. I personally like to believe that chivalry isn't dead, and there is still some measure of hope left for people like me who are in love with love. The ones who believe in passion, who believe in romance, and believe in true love. (Pardon using an urban dictionary definition, but it's actually the best I could find.) Things such as the image at the left are things I crave, and things I cherish when I have them. I have always been the one to go the extra mile in situations where I feel like I must. Even to those who feel like we don't, we do - and it makes us feel better when we see the smile it puts upon your face. We don't do it because we're materialistic, and we never expect anything in return except to be loved. That is all a hopeless romantic ever asks for.

With me, the smallest gestures of my affection toward someone are the things that make me feel great. Knowing I can brighten your day is the greatest feeling in the world, and it allows me to have that reassurance that my deeds don't go unnoticed. It's 110% or nothing. I miss writing the poems to the woman I loved, buying her the flowers she enjoyed for the sake of it, and just texting her "Good morning" and wishing her a wonderful day. After having such things part of your life for so long, they are memories and feelings that do not fade. Setting it all up as a surprise gift for her to wake up to, or to brighten her day when she was sad. I miss it all: The hugs, the kisses, the cuddles, the holding hands, and the just looking into her eyes and seeing straight into her soul, and knowing this woman is the one I love. Days gone by, days that I would love to have back.
For now, stare into the sun and let its rays cleanse your soul.

I'll be back on story related stuff tomorrow, just in a thought provoking mood and had to let some feelings loose. Adieu for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment