A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I need a vacation

This would be perfect. Relaxing on the beach, taking in the sun and waves, and knowing the days are not even numbered until I get home. Ugh, man - I know I should cut back on my hours of working, but when your life revolves around it due to a lack of real things to do otherwise - you fill that void with something. I chose work and writing.

Speaking of writing, first draft is tentatively underway as I flesh out the opening prologue and thoughts by the speaker to lead the reader into the story. I'm not sure who is narrating this one, though it can be implied from the first one that Travi Gladius continues his narrative three years later into this book. He would know about what's going on, but the status of the world sounds like someone more for a character in the background, perhaps a Chekhov's Gun, or even an ace in the hole for the story later on. Haven't quite decided yet, but I'm sure it'll come to me here soon. I'm leaning toward just putting the characters being taken out on a bus and just never heard from again (presumably, they have moved on to greener pastures in their lives).
It's true I tell you.

I've had a few inquiries as to why I am excluding these characters, and the answer is simple: The people that these characters were based on have, themselves, moved onto greener pastures from my life. Where Travi Gladius could be a reflection of me, these people were reflections of the characters in the book. The exodus of people from my life continues at an alarming rate, but I have been adding new ones to replace these folks. K. I, M. P, and D. W - take care guys, been real, been fun - even been real fun at times - but life takes us on different paths. And a resounding fuck you to J. W for being an asshole despite ten years of friendship. It's all good though, I'm happy our paths have departed from one another.

Roger that Red Three. I digressed, and occasionally have to be told to get myself back on the path. Vacation wise, being a single man - there isn't much in the way of options unless it includes booze, boobs, and snooze. Having a few drinks would be awesome, finding some boobs to enjoy would be better, but ultimately - finding some time to catch up on the Z's I've lost over the last month or so would be the best. All three obviously would be grand, and worth the trip to any aspiring American male, but alas - beggars can't be choosers. Maybe a woman with nice boobs serving me a cold beer and willing to take a snooze with me? And by snooze, I mean snooze. She probably works hard as well, we all need some rest...right? A friend mentioned Montreal, which would be okay except for needing to get my passport. It's on the list, but we'll see. Otherwise, staying local (ala USA) would be preferable as passports are notoriously difficult to get situated, though it does need to be done eventually. Any extra-curricular activities during said vacation would be a big bonus, but I don't hold my breath on those.

After a mental breakdown this morning that has left me in a very sedated state of mind, oddly enough I feel more at peace after a mental snap than I do when I'm happy, I am now just trying to let my mind recover a bit before I make a new move. Trying to press the issue on seeking additional mental health help is a fallacy at this point, as medication perpetually puts me in this state of feeling blank and numb, while I'm fairly certain a therapist would find a way to strike the wrong cord on me and that poor soul would endure my wrath. I don't wish to lose it on anyone right now, because I'm not entirely sure that my apologies in the aftermath would be enough to really convey my lack of being able to control what I say. This is why I need a vacation in the worst way, some measure of dealing with all of this Something has to give before it's me. Because my mind cannot take too many more nuclear explosions inside the old cranium. It's already getting pretty packed in there with all the debris left over from previous ones.

Short post, but I just don't have anything right now. Adieu.



No comments:

Post a Comment