A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Voices screaming "Let's go!"

A newer examination is leading me to a couple new hurdles to clear, but I think I have figured out a way to make it sound like a reasonable in that, instead of one of the betraying factions is a separate entity in itself, it is rather made up of disenfranchised members of the current faction, resulting in an internal coup d'tat.

This seems to be my most reasonable and believable (for fiction anyhow) route to take.The idea of a third or fourth faction via for control complicates things a bit too much for now, but may leave the door open if they are somehow introduced in some form, perhaps a secret organization with ulterior motives not related to the storyline. It's on paper, but nothing will be made of it for now. A few have said I shouldn't stop at one, but we'll see how the first one goes and then if I leave enough loopholes and doors open, perhaps a sequel will follow - but I'm focused on the first one for now. That being all's well that ends well, eventually it would be nice to get a series going, but I have a very bad habit of killing too many bad guys, at one time. It has been shown on NUMEROUS occasions.

The new characters are developing well, and I believe a total of three or four, will make a debut in some form over the next few chapters, none more than an old team getting a makeover with a new team leader and teammates. While I haven't quite decided on the names just yet, that is the easiest part. Figuring out their personalities and how to approach them was the difficult phase, and that is now behind me. But given that I'm hoping to get the "second half" of the book started this morning it is looking like things will get interesting in a hurry now and hopefully the reader is still awake enough or hasn't quit on me as the first half of it was rather slow (total of two "missions" with both occurring back-to-back), but the first half was supposed to be more focused on developing the characters and their relationships with one another, spring some questions into the readers mind, and hopefully get them intrigued to stay with me. If that is the case, then I have succeeded well enough that I can feel comfortable that this won't die a quick death.

On the table are mainly the agency and related teams gathering answers on their opponents, a brewing trouble for the bad guys, and perhaps a three way war between three different factions. Not sure if I will go to that extreme or not, but it's an interesting thought. Another female character has potential as well, but she is on the sidelines at the moment and will probably stay there unless I feel she can serve some measure of purpose for the story (or she decides she can be of use somewhere), but her presence would mainly serve to advance a sequel if she makes an appearance at all. Finale is still in limbo, as is the closing chapters - but its one thing at a time. Eventually, I'm hoping this will all come to a good book that people will want to read, be willing to share, and give fairly decent reviews too. Probably not, but hey - a man can dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment