A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pride and Dreams

Despite my previous thoughts, the supposed sledgehammer never came to fruition thankfully and it looks like I managed to figure out how to approach the next part of the story, the apex I have been talking about for a few entries now. One thing that is still bothering me is whether or not to introduce one of the new characters at that time, or hold off on that for now. His presence could be justified, but it may throw a bit of a curveball for me in how the rest of that section is supposed to play out.

This could branch into several different routes depending on how it plays out. As it stands at the moment, a major turning point occurs with the team, specifically, the main character. One recurring thought is that if I decide to introduce this new character, he would become a main character probably immediately as the plans for him include assistance of the Mavericks for the rest of the story. If they are called in for this next "mission", then I think I may know of a way to keep the main storyline alive that I enjoy and also make it so they can make an appearance and announce their roles off the bat.  This would work out rather well and wow, it's amazing what happens when I'm half asleep and the brain is going full throttle.

Now that is fixed, so it's time to look at my upcoming chapters. As stated in the previous entries, this is when questions begin to be answered, relationship culminate, ulterior motives are revealed, and the entire dynamic of the book changes. The new characters will begin playing important roles and I'm hoping they will have have some measure of relevance to push the story forward. So far, Allison's relevance to the story has been centered primarily on her pursuits of Travi and also trying to develop a rapport with her new colleagues. Her research on the project cure could wind up being slowed, or completely destroyed with some modifications to what I have so far, and her life, along with Heather, is constantly in the balance and threat of assassination. What I have so far is a set back due to circumstances, and it may lead to my second draft's version where it was worked on fervently, but never completed due to the data being destroyed, and since the agency will begin moving in overdrive, the bad guys never get a chance to stockpile much of it (outside what was used for the intimidation strikes, while their researchers and virologists continue to produce it at the best rate possible) and what they do, is loaded and becomes part of the finale.

All of this will probably come under a strong review by myself and wind up as fourth draft before it's all said and done, but I am glad to finally be smoothing out the rough edges that have plagued me for so long. Eventually, I'll see this book on a store shelf I hope.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment