A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Seven years

To the day, my friend has been gone. Bill Brock, a man who spent his entire life fighting the battle against cancer, the indiscriminate taker of life in our world. But if there was one thing he never did, it was that he never gave up and fought until he ultimately lost said battle. Never let it be said that he didn't fight to the bitter end though, because I personally watched him. Something akin to Zack Fair against the Shinra army, kept fighting until he just couldn't anymore.
This seems about right, standing there hands on hips and saying: "Bring it on!"

But, his memory and personality still lives on - partially in me, and partially in he writings of my book and the planned sequel. Bill Bishop was created by him, down to the personality and traits - including the signature eye roll that all of us in the circle of friends knew him for. Such was his calling card, and we knew he could counted on for that witty remark when the situation warranted one. Bishop in the story, takes the role of the second in command of Gladius's team, following him to the loyal end to wherever life takes him. A proverbial pillar of strength, and someone who is not afraid to put out the wrongs when they happen. Brock was the same way. He would let you know if you were out of line, and wasn't afraid to make sure you knew it. As such, that is among the many things that made him a great friend. My friend, you are sorely missed in this world and you were taken way too early from it. But as long as you live on in the heart and memories of those that loved you in various ways, you are never completely gone. My brother in everything but blood.
March 14th, 1986 - May 28th, 2008 Rest in Peace my friend.

I know I promised more in the way of story related stuff this post, but this needed to be done first. I did not get a chance to do anymore work toward it today due to the day. However, that will change tomorrow and I will get back to my routine. Heck, I didn't even hit the gym today. 

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment