A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Monday, May 25, 2015

I have returned

After a long hiatus, I am back and decided to reopen this little bastion of (in)sanity. From where I left off, the last book did exactly what I thought it would do, re: nothing. I've made a few sales on the copies, but nothing really worth writing home about. Oh well, set the bar low and there is no disappointment. Since then, life has taken me on a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, mainly downs, but that's the norm in my life.

One girlfriend lost, one set of friends gone, and one birthday later - this 2nd shifter 1st shifter 3rd shifter is now waiting on his time to go to work in approximately four hours time. Getting the moments together to visit friends has become a second job and the few I have left, I am really wanting to see. But due to work constraints, and with orders being what they are, I'm probably stuck in a cycle of work and sleep right now. However, the extra money will come in handy as I am looking to move here in the next month.

On the authoring front, I have begun jotting down ideas for the sequel, having thrown out many ideas already. So far, several characters have made an exit stage right due to unspecified reasons for now, but their exit has not been established in the story yet. I am working on this hurdle as we speak, trying to figure out believable, yet quick and painless, ways to have them not even worried about anymore. Working on replacing those characters with others than will play some pivotal role in the story. Since the story revolves primarily around the main character this time around instead of his team, the Mavericks are history in this book.

Plot wise, I've narrowed down a few ideas that have some merit, and may even cross into a bit of science fiction thinking. Not so much that it's too farfetched, but given that my book has crossed the lines of reality a few times already, I can allow a little bit of futuristic type thinking. Most of the main characters from the first book will make a return in some form, primarily Travi Gladius and Bill Bishop. Alana, Donovan, Gabriel, Zehara, Allison, and Heather all make appearances as well. Originally, I had Allison dying in this book - but she is too important of a character to lose. Ideas will continue to pour in as time allows. So far, it's looking like something that will expand on the ending of the first book dealing with the shadowy organization that was plotting. I'm looking at something involving them trying to gain power by manipulating the world into another huge war that will leave the people crying for salvation from it all.

As time draws on, I'll post more regularly as ideas develop and as other things come forward. Right now, as for the first re-entry into this world, I'll be pushing onward with life proper. Until next time.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment