A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Third's time the charm

I've started two other entries and never got past the first sentence on either of them. My creative juices have been shot lately, as have most everything about my psych. A new addiction in gaming hasn't helped matters much, neither has the whirlwind of life. It is what it is though.

Since its been a little over two months since the last entry, I, remarkably, have little to talk about. Life has been pretty status quo except for a few lingering, smacking-me-in-the-back-of-the-head, issues that just will not disappear no matter how much I want them to. There is nothing for it though, as all I can do is find a way to punch through it all, a feat that is damn near impossible on any given day and if it wasn't for the people that have stood beside me through everything, I would probably not have made it this far.

So, as this 3rd shifter, 1st shifter, 2nd shifter gets ready to go back to the shift that originally put him in the horrible rut he was in, I can look at the fact that the debacles that were plaguing me when I left this accursed shift have all but gone by the wayside except for the lingering grudge and total transformation in my life that occurred as a result. I've received many a complaints/compliments that I have changed in many ways, and regardless of how you look at it, 'tis the truth - and a painful reminder that my story is the only place I can put someone in conditions where they have the strength to prevail and don't have to worry about people placing knives in their back, or not having a presence in their life that means more than the world to them.

Onto the story, Chapter 11 is my current bookmark and it is the final chapter in which the characters receive any measure of "break" from the hassles of the flow. In this chapter, I'm looking at getting a firm foundations put down on several characters and their relationships in anticipation of any kind of sequel that may follow in the years/decades to come. The main ones will be expanding some on how Alana and Zack came to work together and how their working relationship has the potential to expand into new horizons if they so wish. It is pretty well established on the rest at this point - and the storyline flow of their backgrounds came together very nicely. Now its just putting that final touch on it all. I'm still fleshing out a storyboard for the chapter, but after this - it all leads to the conclusions in a race against the clock.

My only real question mark is getting my final confrontation put together in a believable fashion. I have several different theories at the moment, but none are really working like I want them to. A few involve a series of quick events, followed by one killing blow. Others involve a similar fate as to what my second draft held. Either way, the addition of Alana into the mix will make things even more interesting, especially when you factor in that the three Gladius siblings will come face to face with each other.

I have a more rant-filled post in store, but that will come at a later date. Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment