A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Two and more

Chapter eight didn't flesh out like I had hoped it would, but I think it may have turned out a bit better than I had envisioned. Right now, a couple glaring questions are looking me right in the face and they are starting to irritate me a bit. Going off my last post, I really don't want to think I'm a one trick pony on this deal, which is why I'm currently looking at ways to integrate a few new topics of conversation into it all for the characters to center around a couple new characters that I feel would make an meaningful impact on the storyline as a whole.

Chapter nine is looking like when the action kicks back into gear and things start to look interesting again. The main bad guy is called to come survey an area that was taken by the bad guys, one that is being used as a forward base. Meanwhile, the main character and his team arrive in Britain for a briefing, given a few hours rest before they are put on a rapid deployment assignment to the same area. By then, the shipment that the bad guys came to survey has already left, but an informant that had relayed the information had been captured and was possibly dead, but SOCA decides to investigate anyway. This leads to a semi-showdown between the main character and main bad guy - which neither one emerging victorious, but hopefully answering a few more questions for the reader along the way.

Onto the previous post, I am currently looking at a con-current book that may run alongside Project Alpha, starring one of the characters that gets a brief mention, possibly appearance later on if circumstances warrant it. This new character, if she holds up, would play a significant role behind the main storyline in some form, but I would have to find a way to establish her character and role and how she would be presented. Several ideas are running through my head and a lot of them I would like to include, but trying to fit her in would be problematic as I would have to justify her appearance and some other background information on her (who does she work for, what role does she serve in that job etc.) Given the current storyline, it could be argued that she is an American working in the British SOCA branch, and if this is the case - it can be argued in some form that her incognito status up to that point can be attributed to her own personal lust of vengeance against someone. Her and her partner (perhaps not necessarily a team, it could be explained that the British SOCA branch operates somewhat differently) are working behind the scenes in the original storyline, and their roles are greatly expanded in the second one.

I just need to start doing my writing and thinking while I am totally out of it. For some odd reason, I do my best thinking when I'm tired as hell. But I must focus on finishing the original book first. But given these new revelations, I think I have some material to help build on while editing and rewriting the final draft of the third iteration. Either way, that previous post may be coming down because I may have short changed myself - which I'm prone to do unfortunately. Perhaps a permanent stupor of fatigue is necessary for me to have success in this business, who knows.

Anyhow, next update should have more details on chapter eight and nine. Maybe even some more about the newer run ins with a tired mind.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment