A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Insomnia, brain unloads, and knowing its a six day workweek...yep.

Just gonna stand here and keep being awesome.
That's out of the way, seeing as how sleeping is out of the question for this 3rd shifter today - I decided to look over the amount of writing I had a chance to do at work tonight while expanding the idea of the second book, or just incorporating the ideas into the current work, and thus far - it's leaning toward putting it all into the current book, which would expand it in length and depth. At this point, the ideas of sequels or prequels can wait, and if they come - wonderful, if not, also wonderful. That, along with making sure my ducks are in a row for the following chapters and it all made for a very productive (for me anyhow) hour of my time while we waited all night for stuff to work on. Let me tell you, and I'm sure fellow 3rd shifters can relate, but having nothing to do at three in the morning is a total bummer, and I'm pretty sure that's why I'm wide awake right now. May just tough it out and sleep tomorrow, if I'm not asleep by six or so tonight, that is my case. I should be sufficiently exhausted by then, 12 hours later.

The copyediting and rewriting once I finish this draft will be interesting as I look for any plot holes that I did my best to patch this time around, but I believe I should be able to incorporate the new ideas that would have made the second book, at least a few of them in this draft, before including the rest at a later date. I had contemplated starting over and writing them in now, but that would a step in the wrong direction. Would much rather prefer to keep my current storyline, because the small details I plan to include would be fine in the event that the third draft is the only one I decide to do, which I doubt. I think the fourth draft will be when I finally get everything I want included and will be the one I will take to the publisher, depending on whoever I plan to use.

If all goes as planned, provide my internal clock permits, I hope to have this draft done within a month or so - and given the progress being made on a daily (semi-daily?) basis, it should be an accomplishment easily attained. We shall see.

Short post as a short update, and mainly something to try and wear myself down. I hate days like today. Adieu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment