A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Officially a published author

Its taken twelve years for me to get to this point, but everyone knew it would get here eventually. Everyone except me of course.

Project Alpha will officially be for sale via Amazon.com and the Createspace E-store by Wednesday, September 10th, which is where the link will take you. I will have to check the status of the Amazon listing, but will update accordingly. The reason for the additional wait is due to my awaiting my hardcopy proof for the final version that I am satisfied with. Though there may still be issues with it, to me - there isn't much else I can do to make it any better. I'm not expecting much from something that will only sell a handful of copies anyhow.

Against all odds though, I am officially a published author - and this twelve year headache can finally end. While I may or may not be done writing, for now - I'll just sit back and focus on other things. The help I need from everyone now is to help me spread the word around. Word of mouth is perhaps the best marketing tool there is - so if you enjoy the work, please consider passing the word along to other folks who may be interested. Constructive feedback is always appreciated, and am always looking for suggestions on how to improve. Just remember that I have a Kentucky education, hah.

The credit list for this thing is WAY too long to mention everyone, so I just send a general thank you to everyone that has supported me with this, kept me going when I was done with it, kept pushing me forward etc. etc. Blah blah, all that good stuff. You all are the reason I wrote this, lol
But mainly, thanks to my friend Bill Brock - who is not able to see this moment. Bill played a pivotal role in getting this book going for me, even suggesting a character based on himself to play alongside the main character. That character flourished well in the storyline, and I did my best to play him true to how the real Bill was. Thanks buddy, I'll find a way to make sure you can see the dedication to yourself.

Not much of a post, but hey - its the word that counts. As ideas creep up, I will update with them as I go. The blog itself may turn into more of a philosophical discussion that no one reads anyhow, so hey! Brain dump for the win.

Adieu.


No comments:

Post a Comment