A welcome to my bastion of insanity. This is updated periodically with discussions about my creativity, books I am working on, and the occasional rant and rave. Enjoy the read!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Into the new ages

First off, congratulations to my friends Ashley and John for their commitment to one another and here is to many years of them avoiding the urge to kill each other.
Good luck to both of you :)

But I guess since we're on that topic, it is one that I'll touch on because of carries some significance in my life. No, I'm not married (don't plan to be, and will make attempts to make sure I don't), but it hails to an important plot point within my writings, especially my novel. And it is often said that a writer bases a lot of the characters, events and such on actual events in their life. More so on the characters and the context in which they are presented.

As many know that have followed my ideas and writing through the months (years?), the main character and his childhood sweetheart wind up reunited through the course of the first few chapters of the novel and their relationship quickly is rekindled after figuring out the pair of then both sought to keep their promise to one another. But I noticed that most all of my writings have some measure of romance in them, and this even extends toward some other aspects of my life.

Going back to the original point, some say that writing is a way to build the world in which you would want to live in. So therefore, is my subconscious really telling me that my life would be better as a married/commitment man? Even though my thoughts and wishes say otherwise, it is strange how your heart and soul will come forward with such emotions in the form of writing.
Perhaps I am merely following the character's heart? They say that the characters will tell you what they want to do, and you should listen. So, it is entirely possible that I am letting my main character live my ideal life for me. If that is the case, then I can be truly happy. At least someone/thing is.

Look back at the myriad of works over the years and all of them contain some measure of romance for the main character. Infinitey in my Matrix Online fic, Allison in my novel, Nicole in another short story I wrote. All of them had fallen in love with their respective main characters, and they all wind up with the ideal wish for a wonderful life together.
So, perhaps it does come down to my characters living a wonderful life for me. If that is the case, then Travi Gladius truly has the flawless diamond of unmatched perfection in Allison Kadmus. It causes him to find a new meaning for his life and shows how much he grows over the course of the book.

The pair of which had their love begin as kids. Only to culminate to them both saying "I do" at the altar. Ten years of waiting, and they did so for a reason. A story that only a bard could spin, but one that makes for a feel good sideliner in the otherwise dark-ish tellling of Project: Alpha.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment